Had never heard of his name, and came across about his story.
World 2.0 – “There are decades where nothing happens, and weeks where decades happen” – Marginal REVOLUTION
— Read on marginalrevolution.com/marginalrevolution/2020/04/world-2-0-there-are-decades-where-nothing-happens-and-weeks-where-decades-happen.html
https://pca.st/episode/2820b643-1ade-4efd-b8b6-89e43dd0f9aa great episode on why alternative approaches don’t work.
The daily moves we’ve seen over the past 7 trading sessions are incredible. There hasn’t been a single day with a gain or loss with an absolute value of less than 4%. It’s been down 8%, up 5%, down 5%, down 10%, up 9%, down 12%, up 6%, down 5% and probably some crazy number today as well.
We know why stocks are acting so erratically — we’re in the midst of a global pandemic the likes of which we haven’t seen in more than 100 years.
- Invest in writing asynchronously.
- Give an abundance of trust + automate status updates in your remote team.
- Prioritize a process for communication and collaboration. (Examples: Our “How We Work” doc , Basecamp’s How We Work , Buffer’s 10 Slack Agreements , GitLab’s Remote Communication Handbook , Automattic’s Communication Expectations ).
- Get intentional about social connection in your remote team. (We use our Social Questions and Icebreaker.
- Hold effective remote 1:1 meetings.
Mapping spread by Washington Post Don’t panic, comprehensive guide by Ars Technica Covid19 Info by Emergency Department Critical Care Blog Act today or people will die – fascinating analysis and projections World Meter…