Another popcorn offering. Why popcorn ?
Here is gyan:
1) Light weight
2) Not very nutrious
3) Taste is temporary
4) Over priced
5) Well marketed and has a clear target audience in mind.
6) Good profit margin
1) There is no underlying strong story or theme.
2) There is no requirement of a technically rich content. – songs/lyrics/cinematography nothing.
3) Not many things from the film linger in the mind once we are out of hall
4) Definitely not worth the money to see in a hall.
5) Rap song or otherwise good marketing and well targeted to so called multiplex crowd.
6) Easily make profit with only intial run.
Previous recent such films very Bunty-bubli and Bluffmaster (yeah..Sippy there too).
These are also trying to fill the void left by David Dhawan’s weekly releases. But a good point is that they are not trying to be overtly hilarious but succeed to tickle the funny bone here or there. Main characteristic is the simple connecting events not carrying much intensity themselves.
When you sit down to review such a film or even to tell a neighbour about the film you are struggling for words. There is no particular story to tell, nothing to highlight. On one spectrum is a film like Yuva or RDB and on the other side of spectrum are these, which just come and go and add to the number. But for the 3 hours it might just be able to relax someone. Be able to make someone try to laugh. On asked your opinion about it, you are still thinking – liking such a film depends higly on personal taste [I don’t like popcorn either]. I neither dismiss them nor recommend them, but just add that going to a theater is not worth the time money and effort.
Before signing off, one sentence about Nana. Nana is back in the skin of a semi-mental good hearted, helpless etc etc character. How I wish he does more of Apaharan stuff.